Welcome to getmail 6!
Welcome to getmail 6, a mail retriever with support for POP3, POP3-over-SSL, IMAP4, IMAP4-over-SSL, and SDPS mail accounts. It supports normal single-user mail accounts and multidrop (domain) mailboxes. getmail is written in Python, and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
Getmail 6 is a fork of getmail v5.14 by Charles Cazabon with adaptations to work with Python 3 and newer. Getmail 6 is not supported nor sanctioned by getmail’s original author. Support for getmail 6 can be found on this website and by opening issues on our GitHub repository.
The latest release is version 6.9, released on November 2, 2020 and available for download here
getmailNovember 229292929292929ation9 ===================9=
This is the documentation for getmail version 6.
getmail is Copyright © 1998-2019 by Charles Cazabon <charlesc-getmail @
and © 2020 by Roland Puntaier <roland.puntaier @ gmail.com>
Table of Contents
- getmail documentation (version 6)
- getmail documentation
- Obtaining getmail
- Installing getmail
- For the impatient
- Full installation instructions
- Installing directly from the source
- Installing the getmailcore package in a non-standard location
- Building a binary package from the source
- getmail configuration (version 6)
- getmail troubleshooting (version 6)
- getmail frequently-asked questions (FAQs) (version 6)